Cholesterol Experiment Results #1

My Hdl 80 - Cholesterol Experiment Results #1.
The content is nice quality and helpful content, That is new is that you simply never knew before that I know is that I even have discovered. Before the distinctive. It is now near to enter destination Cholesterol Experiment Results #1.

Do you know about - Cholesterol Experiment Results #1

My Hdl 80! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

Well, I got my cholesterol results back and I'm both pleased and disappointed. Let's summarize the whole deal:

What I said. It is not outcome that the true about My Hdl 80. You check out this article for facts about what you wish to know is My Hdl 80.

How is Cholesterol Experiment Results #1

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from My Hdl 80.

Starting October 30th, I began an experiment taking a few supplements and (80%) sticking to a fairly rigid diet in an attempt to lower my cholesterol. It's been creeping up for years despite a healthy lifestyle of generally good eating and exercise, to the point where my doctor wanted me to start taking Lipitor.

Well, I didn't want to do that. I put it off for months, but finally dug in, did some research, made some diet changes to what was already a fairly healthy diet, and started taking specific supplements for improving my cholesterol numbers. I was already working out plenty, so no changes there.

Recap:

Cholesterol Numbers May 2009
Total Cholesterol: 248 Triglycerides: 192 HDL: 21 LDL: 171 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio: 11.8

These were the numbers that made the doc want to put me on Lipitor.

Cholesterol Numbers October 2009
Total Cholesterol: 198 Triglycerides: 116 HDL: 48 LDL: 127 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio: 4.11

The only thing I changed between May and October was that I adopted a fairly strict diet of eating what I call CBO. I ate this pretty consistently for about a month before the October test. From the results, I would say it made a significant difference. Actually, I didn't even know these numbers when I started my experiment. If I had, I probably would have left well enough alone, but I was already a week or so into my experiment, and there was still room for improvement, so I pressed ahead.

I kept my diet the same and added these supplements:
Slo-Niacin (500mg morning, 500mg night) Chromium Polynicotinate (200mcg morning, 200mcg night) Policosanol (23mg morning) Vitamin C (2,000mg morning, 2,000mg night)

I had my cholesterol checked again on December 4th and got the results today, after a little over 30 days of taking the sups and (mostly) sticking to my diet. Drumroll please:
Total Cholesterol: 217 (up 19) Triglycerides: 88 (down 28) HDL: 55 (up 7) LDL: 145 (up 18) Cholesterol/HDL Ratio: 3.96 (down.15)

So what's the verdict? Mixed, I guess, even though my total cholesterol went up, my ratio is down slightly because of the 14% increase in my HDL. From what I've read, your HDL to Total ration is the primary cardiac risk marker: the lower your ratio, the lower your risk. Under 5 is the desirable, so I'm good to go.

Even though a few things went up (probably due to my severe diet backsliding during Thanksgiving) I'm slightly improved over where I was at the start. Not to be ignored is my Triglyceride level, which went down 28 points, which amounts to a whopping 24%. That's a lot.

So I'm counting the experiment a success, even though the results weren't as dramatic as I'd hoped.

I plan on sticking with the diet (for the most part) and doing some research to see what other supplements have a positive effect on cholesterol. I've read Vitamin D can make a difference, so I'll probably run that along with my current supps and see what happens.

Stay tuned - I'll probably start that in a month or so.

I hope you will get new knowledge about My Hdl 80. Where you may put to used in your daily life. And above all, your reaction is My Hdl 80. View Related articles related to My Hdl 80. I Roll below. I even have suggested my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Cholesterol Experiment Results #1.

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment